Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Haunting


We weren't sure if we were going to be home this weekend but then the weather forcast for the places we thought of going to was cold and rainy, so we stayed home and I did some last minute decorating, we had the spider web up, today we pulled out some more stuff. I really wanted a Ghost floating over the bay window,


I had some tombstones under there, but you can't have a haunted cemetery when the stupid flowers under there haven't seen fit to die yet, you cannot have orange mums and red petunias in a haunted cemetery, so Ted moved them, the tombstones, not the pretty, happy brightly colored flowers, then Ted cut a shadowy ghost from some screen, and with a little coaxing we even had a celebrity ghost drop by. The Spider web looks much better from inside when the sun is sitting, I showed that here when we first put it up, but it looks good outside too.



I love miniature scenes, I want to create a large scene some year. Today I decided, in the last minute, to set up my halloween scene. One of my favorite things at Disneyland is the haunted mansion, a friend of mine got to walk through it and see all the secrets and goodies, but that's another tale. So I have a few mansion pieces that I am building off of, I just did a quickie set up this afternoon. It is a mixture of pieces, the crypt and mansion are Disney, then there are dept. 56 and others. I have big dreams for it.